Nicole Stokes - Registered Physiotherapist - BSc.PT, DPT
Physiotherapist, Nicole is joining us following her travels on the West Coast where she worked in two outpatient clinics in the Greater Vancouver Metropolitan area. Her areas of interest in British Columbia included concussion, vestibular, and pelvic health therapy. She also had the opportunity to treat several competitive athletes, specifically hockey and soccer players.
Nicole is a very collaborative health practitioner. She strongly believe in integrated care which is a good reason why she joined Pillars of Wellness as a one-stop health solution. As mentioned above, she worked with athletes and has lots of experience in managing and treating sports injuries. While she has extensive knowledge in physiotherapy, she also recognize that others team members might know more on certain areas of rehabilitation and is happy to share best practices in order to maximize her patient's health and recovery.
Prior to her West Coast travels, Nicole worked at two orthopaedic clinics in Ontario, where she began her pelvic health practice. She also received direct referrals from a neurologist and has experience treating a variety of vestibular conditions, including vertigo and vestibular neuritis, as well as chronic dizziness.
Common conditions she love treating are:
- Chronic neck and low back pain
- Shoulder pain
- Vertigo (and other vestibular impairments)
- Urinary incontinence
- Pelvic pain
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pain associated with pregnancy
- Dyspareunia (pain with intercourse)
- Sport-related injuries
In her free time, Nicole is an avid soccer player, and enjoys hiking, ice hockey, and most recently, rock climbing. As a clinician, her treatment style is very person-specific. She understands that patients are not defined by their condition; therefore, be prepared for someone who is willing to take the time to get to know you and what treatment will work best for you!
- Male and Female Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Pain through Pelvic Health Solutions (Levels I-III)
- Bernard Tonks Vestibular Rehabilitation Courses (Intro and Advanced Training)
- Soft Tissue Release (Jim Bilotta)
- Concussion Management Level I (Shannon McGuire)
- Manual Therapy Level I
- Dry Needling through Acupuncture Canada Level I
- Previously a Certified Personal Trainer for special populations as well as seniors Education
- Master’s in Physical Therapy (MPT) – Western University
- Honours Specialization in Kinesiology (B.A. Kin) – Western University