Nicole Stokes - Registered Physiotherapist - BSc.PT, PT
Physiotherapist, Nicole is a well-rounded practitioner who has worked in several outpatient clinics, including two in the Vancouver area. Her special areas of interest and practice include concussion, vestibular, and pelvic health therapy (certified level I, II, III). Additionally, she has treated several competitive athletes over the span of her career; she most commonly treats soccer and hockey players.
Nicole is a very collaborative health practitioner. She strongly believe in integrated care which is a good reason why she joined Pillars of Wellness as a one-stop health solution.
As a clinician, her treatment style is very person-specific. She understands that people are not defined by their condition; therefore, be prepared for someone who is willing to take the time to get to know you and what treatment will work best for you! She also believes in an integrated approach to treatment. She understands that several factors can influence healing, such as diet and mental health, and will guide you to the appropriate practitioner when needed.
Common conditions she has treated are:
- Chronic neck and low back pain
- Shoulder pain/tears
- Vertigo (and other vestibular impairments)
- Sport-related injuries
- Hip and knee replacement surgery post-op rehabilitation
- Urinary incontinence
- Pelvic pain
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pain associated with pregnancy
- Dyspareunia (pain with intercourse)
- Male and Female Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Pain through Pelvic Health Solutions (Levels I-III)
- Bernard Tonks Vestibular Rehabilitation Courses (Intro and Advanced Training)
- Diastasis Rectus Abdominus and Low Back Pain
- Soft Tissue Release (Jim Bilotta)
- Concussion Management Level I (Shannon McGuire)
- Manual Therapy Level I
- Dry Needling through Acupuncture Canada Level I
- Previously a Certified Personal Trainer for special populations as well as seniors Education