Specializing in nervous system health
Neurological health concerns the nervous system which consists of the brain, spinal cord, cranial nerves, peripheral nerves, nerve roots, autonomic nervous system, neuromuscular junction, and muscles. Neurological disorders can include epilepsy, Alzheimer disease and other dementias, stroke, migraine and other headache disorders, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, neurological infections, brain tumors, traumatic disorders of the nervous system due to head trauma, and acquired brain injuries.
Symptoms can include:
- Weakened muscles
- Low coordination
- Loss of sensation
- Emotional distress
- Altered cognitive functions
Neurological conditions, disorders and injuries are major causes of disability in Canada. Canadians living with neurological conditions face many long-term challenges that have a profound impact on functioning and activity levels.
Therapies for neurological disorders may often consist of:
- Lifestyle changes to either prevent or minimize the impact of such conditions
- Physiotherapy to manage the symptoms and restore function
- Pain management interventions, as many impairments can be associated with considerable discomfort
- Speech language therapy services as an aid to restoring speech and cognitive communication skills
- Occupational therapy support to facilitate a return to daily life activities, provide environmental modifications, upper extremity rehabilitation, perceptual training and cognitive therapy
- Counseling to aid with acceptance and coping strategies
Our team members, including Physiotherapists, Chiropractors, Naturopaths, Occupational Therapists and Speech Language Therapist can work with you to achieve better and faster results.
A primary assessment will be done to understand the next steps in order to improve specific condition. It may consist of an exercise treatment to help with coordination and balance or help lung and hear function. In order to maximize health, it’s so important to have different health providers under one umbrella, so they can provide a more complete range of therapies.
The goal is to restore the patient’s health as soon as possible, so they can live a normal life. You can contact us at [email protected]. We are conveniently located in Burlington, Aldershot.