Couples Therapy in Burlington
What is Couples Therapy?
Pillars of Wellness, located in Burlington, Aldershot, can help couples treat relationship issues in a number of healthy ways, so that you’re left feeling both mentally and physically better. Couples counselling is not solely reserved for couples dealing with issues like adultery or addiction — it can often just be a way to maintain the relationship healthily while setting positive groundwork for your future.
Couples therapy helps those in a romantic relationship get perspective into their dynamic, fix their problems, and improve their overall relationship satisfaction.
While the technique of couple’s therapy can vary from one licensed marriage and family therapist (LMFT) to another, the main therapy tends to involve the same basic principles:
- Targeting a specific problem like sexual issues, internet addiction, jealousy
- Solution-oriented, change-focused interventions in the early stages of treatment
- Active involvement from the therapist in handling the relationship instead of each person individually
- A simple compilation of treatment objectives
Benefits of Couples Therapy
- Finding effective, positive ways to handle difficulties in day-to-day life as a couple
- Building or repairing your meaningful relationship as a couple
- Gaining relief from lasting effects of mental or physical trauma
- Overcoming anxiety and depression together
- Reduced stress
- New perspectives on various mental health and social problems
Couples Therapy and Counselling at our Clinic in Burlington
Therapy and counselling is different for every couple. It usually starts with a standard interview related to the history of the relationship and analysis of each partner’s family history, values, and cultural background. Your therapist can use the first few sessions for crisis control depending on the urgency of the situation.
Your therapist then assists in pinpointing the relationship issues, which would then be the focus of treatment. This helps your therapist determine clear treatment goals and a structured plan. During the treatment stage, therapists will allow the couple to gain perspective of the relationship dynamics and each partner’s role in the problem.
Another imperative aspect of a couple’s therapy is altering behaviors, habits, and interactions of each partner toward each other. Therapists usually assign each partner goals so they can use the skills they have learned in therapy in their everyday interactions. Improved emotional expression and open communication can, therefore, help partners solve their problems effectively.
Why Choose Pillars of Wellness?
At Pillars of Wellness, in Burlington, Ontario, we are proud to provide a truly integrated care approach that employs a variety of treatments to achieve faster recovery. Our clinic offers different services such as chiropractic, naturopathy, counselling, speech therapy, occupational therapy, yoga therapy, acupuncture, and holistic nutrition.
With multiple diverse services and specialities in one place, you’ll get the best care possible — without having to look elsewhere. Pillars of Wellness