Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) in Burlington
What is EMDR Therapy?
Pillars of Wellness, located in Burlington, specializes in using EMDR to treat individuals experiencing the emotional repercussions of trauma.
EMDR (eye movement desensitization and reprocessing) is a form of psychotherapy. It is a unique form of therapy designed to help a person suffering from trauma get out of it. Using a combination of talk therapy and strategic eye movement, EMDR can help individuals mitigate the negative sensations that exist after a traumatic event.
Benefits of EMDR Therapy
Working through EMDR therapy has many benefits for those recovering from traumatic events, such as:
- Finding effective, positive ways to handle difficulties in day-to-day life
- Building or repairing your meaningful relationships
- Gaining relief from lasting effects of mental or physical trauma
- Overcoming anxiety and depression
- Reduced stress
- New perspectives on various mental and social problems
- Developing positive thoughts after trauma
EMDR Therapy at our Clinic in Burlington
EMDR therapy at our Burlington clinic can help individuals safely access their traumatic experiences and, with treatment, diminish the negative feelings that prevent them from living a mentally and emotionally healthy life.
After the initial stages of therapy, the patient learns to overcome their trauma and are even able to handle their stress and anxiety. EMDR therapy has eight phases:
- 1- History taking and plans of treatment
- 2- Trust building and explanation in depth regarding the treatment
- 3- Assessing of the traumatic experiences, identification of the negative and disturbing thoughts and then replacing them with the positive ones
- 4- The process of desensitization and eye movement technique
- 5- Strengthening of positive thoughts
- 6- Body scanning
- 7- Closure
- 8- Re-evaluation
Why Choose Pillars of Wellness?
At Pillars of Wellness, in Burlington, Ontario, we are proud to provide a truly integrated care approach that employs a variety of treatments to achieve faster recovery. Our clinic offers different services such as physiotherapy, chiropractic, naturopathy, counselling, speech therapy, occupational therapy, yoga therapy, acupuncture, and holistic nutrition.
With multiple diverse services and specialities in one place, you’ll get the best care possible — without having to look elsewhere. Pillars of Wellness is your one-stop-health solution, located right here in Burlington.