Speech Therapy in Burlington - Aldershot
What is Speech Therapy?
Speech therapy at our Burlington-based clinic can help you communicate more easily and feel confident with reading, writing, and speaking. Speech-language pathologists work in partnership with other qualified practitioners. They have the knowledge and expertise to identify and treat children and adults.
Speech-language pathologists can address issues with communication, swallowing, and reading and writing delays. They can also assess and manage individuals who may require alternative and augmentative communication systems.
What Goals Can Speech Therapy Help Achieve?
- Improved overall communication at work and at school
- A holistic healing plan after complex injuries
- Improved swallowing
- More confidence and reduced anxiety
What to Expect on Your First Visit?
Prior to your first speech therapy session at our Burlington-based clinic, we offer a free 15-minute consultation to help determine the best course of treatment. This is a more informal opportunity for you to express any concerns and ask any questions about speech therapy.
The speech therapist will look at the following factors to decide how to proceed with further sessions:
- Attention and listening
- Understanding of language
- Expressive language
- Play skills
- Social skills
Each client will receive their own customized approach, built around their unique goals and challenges.
We don’t believe in “cookie-cutter” approaches. Each client at Pillars of Wellness is unique, and that’s why we aim to take the time and effort to get to know you and what you’re going through — helping you feel better while experiencing the most effective treatment possible.
What Conditions Can Speech Therapy Help Treat?
Our speech therapists are responsible for assessments, treatment, and consultation services to address the following:
- Swallowing disorders
- Language delays and disorders including apraxia, dysarthria, articulation/phonology, and motor speech impairment not otherwise specified
- Communication disorders related to autism, developmental delays, learning disabilities, stroke, brain injuries, cognitive disorders, hearing impairment, and progressive neurological diseases
- Voice and resonance disorders
- Alternative and augmentative communication needs
- Psychogenic communication
- Structural anomalies of the speech and voice mechanism
Why Choose Us?
- Quick appointments
- Flexible hours
- We can see clients at the clinic or in in-home
- Quality assessment for all ages
- Reliable and expert speech therapists
- Spacious and comfortable rooms
- High degree of partnership and collaboration among practitioners
- Commitment to excellence
- All our services are under one roof. To maximize recovery, the client may need an occupational therapist or a physiotherapist which are available at Pillars of Wellness.
Our fees differ from the type of assessment and the length of the visit. Certain conditions may take less time to evaluate, and so the price is based on the time spent with the client. If you have any questions or concerns regarding treatment fees or payment options, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to speak with you.
Before Your Visit: Frequently Asked Questions
At what point should I be concerned about my child’s communication?
What can I do at home to assist my child’s speech development?
How long will speech therapy take before my child catches up to their peers?
How many times per week should my child have speech therapy?
How long does it take to get an appointment? Is there a waiting list?
Our fees differ from the type of assessment and the length of the visit. For example, an assessment for a swallowing disorder takes 90 min versus an assessment for stuttering which takes 60 min. The price is based on the time spent with the client.
If you have any questions/concerns regarding treatment fees and/or payment options, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to speak with you. Speech Therapy Burlington is well-known to assist children and adult-alike. Our therapy services include much more than speech and language disorders. Feel free to browse our website to learn more about our other therapy services in Burlington Ontario.
Speech Therapy Prices
Free 15 min consultation
Speech Therapy Assessment (60 min) = $135
Speech Therapy Assessment (90 min) = $202
Follow-up treatment (60 min) = $135
Auto Insurance: If you have an illness or injury from a motor vehicle accident, health services may be covered under your auto insurance plan.
Extended Health Benefits: If you are receiving long-term disability income from an insurance program, your program may cover various health services, or you might have a work benefits package which covers a portion of the health services.
Veterans Affairs: If you are a Canadian armed forces veteran, the Department of Veteran Affairs may cover health services.
Private Services: At Pillars of Wellness we offer competitive rates within the standards of our regulatory colleges. We accept payment through cash, credit or debit. Please contact us for more details related to service fees