Speech Therapy in Burlington
In today’s society, it is very important to be understood and understand others. It is an essential skill in order to fit in and develop ourselves professionally and socially. People who have communication difficulties may experience isolation from friends, family, and colleagues and often from education and employment settings as well. Communication difficulties may affect all age groups, from infants to the elderly.
Speech-language pathologists work in partnership with other qualified practitioners. They have the knowledge and expertise to identify and treat children and adults. Speech-language pathologists can address issues with communication, swallowing and reading and writing delays. They are able to assess and manage individuals requiring alternative and augmentative communication systems.
How can we help you?
Our speech therapists are responsible for assessments, treatment and consultation services to address the following:
- Swallowing disorders
- Language delays and disorders including apraxia, dysarthria, articulation/phonology and motor speech impairment not otherwise specified
- Communication disorders related to autism, developmental delays, learning disabilities, stroke, brain injuries, cognitive disorders, hearing impairment and progressive neurological diseases
Focus of Practice
- Motor Vehicle & Pedestrian Accidents
- Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) Claims
- Specializing in complex injury cases
- Return to school
- Return to work
- Employer’s Extended Health Benefits
- Motor Vehicle Accident Coverage
Why choose us?
- Quick appointment.
- Flexible hours.
- We can see clients at the clinic or in in-home.
- Quality assessment for all ages.
- Conveniently located with free parking.
- Reliable and expert’s speech therapists.
- Spacious and comfortable rooms.
- High degree of partnership and collaboration among practitioners.
- Commitment to excellence.
- Other services under one roof – To maximize recovery, the client may need an occupational therapist or a physiotherapist which are available at Pillars of Wellness.
Our fees differ from the type of assessment and the length of the visit. For example, an assessment for a swallowing disorder takes 90 min versus an assessment for stuttering which takes 60 min. The price is based on the time spent with the client.
If you have any questions/concerns regarding treatment fees and/or payment options, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to speak with you.
Speech Therapy (private) Prices
Free 15 min consultation
Speech Therapy Assessment (60 min) = $135
Speech Therapy Assessment (90 min) = $202
Follow-up treatment (60 min) = $135
Auto Insurance: If you have an illness or injury from a motor vehicle accident, health services may be covered under your auto insurance plan.
Extended Health Benefits: If you are receiving long-term disability income from an insurance program, your program may cover various health services, or you might have a work benefits package which covers a portion of the health services.
Veterans Affairs: If you are a Canadian armed forces veteran, the Department of Veteran Affairs may cover health services.
Private Services: At Pillars of Wellness we offer competitive rates within the standards of our regulatory colleges. We accept payment through cash, credit or debit. Please contact us for more details related to service fees