COVID Long Haulers – Rehab Webinar Series
Clinically proven rehab success
Pillars of Wellness has been helping many people suffering from Long COVID for 2 years. Our comprehensive program is based on current available research and encompasses expertise from 6 different health professionals.
We are a community-based multidisciplinary clinic in Burlington, whose services entail a high degree of collaboration and communication amongst all our healthcare providers. Pillars of Wellness has been actively involved in treating people with Long Covid since the onset of the pandemic and has had great success in helping these clients improve their symptoms and overall state of well-being!
Who is Eligible for the Covid Long Haulers - Guided Virtual Rehab Program?
This program was designed for individuals that have had a diagnosis or symptoms of COVID19 and are experiencing ongoing symptoms and issues that limit their ability to return to their usual daily activities or employment duties. This program is not for individuals who have a current or active case of COVID19.
Common symptoms reported by Covid Long Haulers include (but are not limited to):
- Body aches, joint pain
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty concentrating
- “Brain fog” or confusion
- Inability to exercise
- Sleep disruptions
- Gastrointestinal issues
- Memory issues
- Mood changes; feeling anxious, depressed, or fearful
- Feeling ‘disorganized’ or can feel easily overwhelmed
What Can I Expect from the Rehab Webinar Series?
Our Covid Long Haulers rehab webinar series is 9 weeks in duration and consists of virtual education sessions. Health professionals involved in this program include: Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Social Worker, Speech and Language Pathologist, Naturopathic Doctor and Yoga Therapist.
The schedule of the program is as follows:
- Week 1: Importance of Movement and Exercise: What, When and How to get started
- Week 2: Dietary Considerations, Brain Health and Inflammation: “What’s COVID got to do with it?”
- Week 3: Autonomic Dysfunction and Emotional Wellness
- Week 4: Management of Dizziness, Vertigo, Light Headedness and Balance Difficulties
- Week 5: Review of swallowing difficulties and strategies for improving Communication and Word Finding
- Week 6: Considerations and Research on Vitamins and Supplements post-COVID
- Week 7: Coping with Stress and Managing the Fear Response
- Week 8: Yoga Therapy – practical session for breathing and relaxation
- Week 9: Goal Setting, Pacing, Cognitive Strategies, and Return to Work Considerations
Each session is 90 minutes in length and are completed over a secure video platform. There will be ample time for questions and discussion, handout and homework activities will be provided.
When Does the Program Start?
The program starts every 9 weeks or so, depending on demand. We usually take 15 people per group program at a time. Please contact us for more information on the next start date program.
How much does it cost?
This program is being offered for $179.00 (no tax) for all 9 weeks – $19 per week!
Throughout the program, or after its completion, there are multiple options available to have one-on-one sessions with any or all of our practitioners at an additional cost.
How Do I Register?
For questions about the program, or to register, please email Lori Desjardine at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 905-637-4000.
You are not alone! Contact us today for more information on our group program!For those interested in an individual rehabilitation program, we also offer a comprehensive rehabilitation program where we have seen great success. Please see our covid long haulers rehabilitation and recovery program and join us on our Facebook page to see our case study. Get Your Free Ultimate Self-Management Guide