Naturopathy in Burlington – Aldershot
What is Naturopathy?
Naturopathy, also known as naturopathic medicine, at our Burlington-based clinic is administered by our naturopathic doctor, Dr. Maria Galantai . She uses natural therapies and methods to treat injury and disease while optimizing your health.
A naturopathic doctor not only aims to identify the root causes of disease and ailments, but will also find ways to promote your health and healing. Naturopathy can be used in conjunction with other treatments to improve your health.
Naturopathy views symptoms as attributable to a host of factors such as:
- Inadequate nutritional intake
- Vitamin deficiencies
- The presence of environmental factors
- Undue stress
- Effects of the injury
The naturopathic doctor takes all of these factors, including the person as a whole, into account when diagnosing a condition and developing an appropriate plan of action.
What Goals Can Naturopathy Help Achieve?
- Increased energy
- Reduced body fat and weight
- Resolved digestion issues
- Improved mood and cognitive efficiency
- Balanced hormone levels
- Decreased stress and anxiety
- Reduced inflammation leading to pain
- Boost the body’s natural immune functioning
- More empathetic treatment, as naturopathy seeks to know what sort of patient has a disease, rather than what sort of disease a patient has
What to Expect on Your First Visit?
During your first visit with our Burlington naturopathic doctor, you’ll receive a full assessment of your symptoms, lasting at least 60 minutes to allow for a full inquiry into your health concerns. The history-taking may be followed by a focused physical exam to guide the diagnosis and comprehensive treatment plan. The treatment plan is tailored to address your specific needs and help you optimize your health.
Your naturopathic doctor can recommend laboratory testing as part of the assessment process. Please be advised that blood work requisitioned by naturopathic doctors is not covered by OHIP. You can bring with you the most recent blood test results in the first visit.
Subsequent follow up appointments are designed to assess treatment efficacy, potential side effects, address new symptoms or long-term health goals.
We don’t believe in “cookie-cutter” approaches. Each client at Pillars of Wellness is unique, and that’s why we aim to take the time and effort to get to know you and your condition.
What Conditions Can Naturopathy Help Treat?
A naturopathic doctor can help relieve many conditions. Our practitioner’s experience includes, but is not limited to:
- Digestive issues
- Skin conditions
- Stress management
- Autoimmune conditions
- Sleep disorders
- Hormone andwomen's health
- Pain management
- Disease prevention and health management
- High blood pressure
- High blood cholesterol
- Musculoskeletal injuries and athletic therapy
Naturopathic Treatments and Modalities
At Pillars of Wellness, the naturopathic doctor provides treatment aimed at the following:
- Removing obstacles and providing treatment allowing the body to heal through natural means
- Treating the cause of disease, not just symptoms
- Using gentle and non-invasive methods to reduce side effects
- Serving as a teacher to educate the patient of their condition and provide strategies on how to best address the disease and optimize the functioning of the body
- Treating the person as an integrated whole and not just as a constellation of symptoms
We use the following modalities to help you heal:
- Clinical Nutrition
- Botanical Medicine (Herbalism)
- Nutritional supplements
- Homeopathic Medicine
- Traditional Chinese Medicine / Acupuncture
- Physical Medicine
- Prevention and Lifestyle Counselling
Free 15 min consultation
Naturopathic Assessment (90 min) = $175
Follow-up treatment (60 min) = $125
Follow-up treatment (45 min) = $100
Follow-up treatment (30 min) = $75
Auto Insurance: If you have an illness or injury from a motor vehicle accident, health services may be covered under your auto insurance plan.
Extended Health Benefits: If you are receiving long-term disability income from an insurance program, your program may cover various health services, or you might have a work benefits package which covers a portion of the health services.
Veterans Affairs: If you are a Canadian armed forces veteran, the Department of Veteran Affairs may cover health services.
Private Services: At Pillars of Wellness we offer competitive rates within the standards of our regulatory colleges. We accept payment through cash, credit or debit. Please contact us for more details related to service fees