Naturopathy in Burlington – Aldershot
What is Naturopathy?
Naturopathy, also known as naturopathic medicine, at our Burlington-based clinic is administered by our naturopathic doctor, Dr. Sunil Mam . He used natural therapies and methods to treat injury and disease while optimizing your health.
A naturopathic doctor (which is different from a naturopath) not only identifies the root causes of disease and ailments, but will also find ways to promote your health and healing. Naturopathy can be used in conjunction with other treatments to improve your health.
Naturopathy views symptoms as attributable to a host of factors such as:
- Inadequate nutritional intake
- Vitamin deficiencies
- The presence of environmental factors
- Undue stress
- Effects of the injury
The naturopathic doctor takes all of these factors, including the person as a whole, into account when diagnosing a condition and developing an appropriate plan of action. They can be specialized in different areas such as homeopathy, acupuncture, traditional Chinese medicine, fertility, women's health, men’s health, IV therapy, and more.
The team at Wellness Clinic is well-equipped to meet your personal goals and aims using the latest equipment in the industry to ensure comfort and speed of recovery. We have no premium fees, no double-booking, and no assistants.
What Goals Can Naturopathy Help Achieve?
- Increased energy
- Reduced body fat and weight
- Resolved digestion issues
- Improved mood and cognitive efficiency
- Balanced hormone levels
- Decreased stress and anxiety
- Reduced inflammation leading to pain
- Boost the body’s natural immune functioning
- More empathetic treatment, as naturopathy seeks to know what sort of patient has a disease, rather than what sort of disease a patient has
What to Expect on Your First Visit?
During your first visit with our Burlington naturopathic doctor, you’ll receive a full assessment of your symptoms, lasting at least 60 minutes to allow for a full inquiry into your health concerns. This painless and non-invasive procedure may be followed by a physical exam focused on getting a comprehensive diagnosis.
A follow-up appointment will then be booked, at which time an individualized treatment plan will be put into effect based on your initial assessment results. This custom treatment plan will address your specific issues to help you return to balance health.
We don’t believe in “cookie-cutter” approaches. Each client at Pillars of Wellness is unique, and that’s why we aim to take the time and effort to get to know you and your condition — helping you feel better while experiencing the most effective treatment possible.
What Conditions Can Naturopathy Help Treat?
A naturopathic doctor can help relieve many conditions. Our practitioner’s experience includes, but is not limited to:
- Digestive issues
- Skin conditions
- Stress management
- Autoimmune conditions
- Sleep disorders
- Hormone and reproductive disorders
- Pain management
- Disease prevention and health management
- High blood pressure
- High blood cholesterol
- Musculoskeletal injuries and athletic therapy
Naturopathic Treatments and Modalities
At Pillars of Wellness, the naturopathic doctor provides treatment aimed at the following:
- Removing obstacles and providing treatment allowing the body to heal through natural means
- Treating the cause of disease, not just symptoms
- Using gentle and non-invasive methods to eliminate or at least significantly reduce side effects
- Serving as a teacher and guide to educate the patient of their condition and provide strategies on how to best address with the disease and optimize the functioning
- Treating the person as an integrated whole and not just as a constellation of symptoms
We use the following modalities to help you heal:
- Clinical Nutrition
- Botanical Medicine (Herbalism)
- Homeopathic Medicine
- Traditional Chinese Medicine / Acupuncture
- Physical Medicine
- Prevention and Lifestyle Counselling
- Hygiene Therapy
Free 15 min consultation
Naturopathic Assessment (90 min) = $175
Follow-up treatment (60 min) = $125
Follow-up treatment (45 min) = $100
Follow-up treatment (30 min) = $75
Auto Insurance: If you have an illness or injury from a motor vehicle accident, health services may be covered under your auto insurance plan.
Extended Health Benefits: If you are receiving long-term disability income from an insurance program, your program may cover various health services, or you might have a work benefits package which covers a portion of the health services.
Veterans Affairs: If you are a Canadian armed forces veteran, the Department of Veteran Affairs may cover health services.
Private Services: At Pillars of Wellness we offer competitive rates within the standards of our regulatory colleges. We accept payment through cash, credit or debit. Please contact us for more details related to service fees