Alternative Therapy in Burlington
What is Alternative Therapy?
Pillars of Wellness, located in Burlington, Aldershot, specializes in the use of alternative therapy to help you heal in a way that does not involve conventional healthcare and Western medicine treatments.
The benefits of alternative therapy have been touted for centuries by various different cultures. Patients are regularly on the lookout for treatments that do not involve the use of drugs or invasive surgery — and that’s where alternative therapy can be a good option.
Alternative medicine is different from complementary medicine in that it does not accompany regular medical treatments but rather replaces them completely. It is typically administered by a naturopathic doctor.
Alternative medicines, which include different herbal medicines, supplements, vitamins, medicinal teas, therapy options (such as massage or cognitive-behavioural therapy), and spiritual healing, are usually not recognized by the healthcare community as regular or standard medical options. However, if you see a naturopath, it is very likely your extended health insurance will cover for any treatment.
Benefits of Alternative Therapy
It is always important to do the proper research and consult your family physician to see if an alternative therapy is right for you. There are a number of benefits related to alternative therapy:
- It puts you in control of your treatment. With various treatment plan options available, it is up to you to find one that suits your requirements.
- The use of all-natural substances and techniques that prioritize the effect of stress and lifestyle choices on health.
- Working with a holistic health professional like a naturopath means your entire lifestyle is considered when administering treatment. This includes good nutrition, moderate exercise, rest, emotional stability, and more.
- Increasingly numerous medical professionals are recognizing and recommending alternative therapies to treat issues like blood pressure, chronic pain, and depression.
- Massage and chiropractic care can help deal with chronic pain without having to rely on painkillers or other drugs.
- Oftentimes, alternative therapies provide cheaper treatment options that have shorter recovery time and, therefore, less likely to incur follow-up expenses.
- Yoga therapy and meditation have been linked to a decrease in blood pressure as well as improved immunity in various cases, while turmeric has been shown to treat chronic pain and some symptoms of Alzheimer’s.
What Conditions Can Alternative Therapy Help Treat?
Our naturopath specialists have extensive experience treating clients with the following conditions:
- Digestive issues
- Skin conditions
- Stress management
- Autoimmune conditions
- Sleep disorders
- Hormone and Reproductive Disorders
- Pain management
- Disease prevention and health management
- High Blood Pressure
- High Blood Cholesterol
- Musculoskeletal injuries and athletic therapy
Alternative Therapy at our Clinic in Burlington
At Pillars of Wellness, alternative therapies are administered by a number of our in-house health professionals. Our clinic offers various alternative medicine options including naturopathy, homeopathy, yoga, and meditation that you can book by making an appointment.
Why Choose Pillars of Wellness?
At Pillars of Wellness, in Burlington, Ontario, we are proud to provide a truly integrated care approach that employs a variety of treatments to achieve faster recovery. Our clinic offers different services such as chiropractic, naturopathy, counselling, speech therapy, occupational therapy, yoga therapy, acupuncture, and holistic nutrition.
With multiple diverse services and specialties in one place, you’ll get the best care possible — without having to look elsewhere. Pillars of Wellness is your one-stop-health solution, located right here in Burlington.