Alternative Therapy in Burlington
What is Alternative Therapy?
Pillars of Wellness, located in Burlington, Aldershot, uses complementary and alternative therapy to address the patients concerns holistically.
The benefits of alternative therapy have been touted for centuries by various different cultures. Patients are regularly on the lookout for treatments that do not involve the use of drugs — and that’s where alternative therapy can be a good option.
Holistic therapy, also known as mind-body medicine emphasizes the impact of mental-emotional, social and spiritual factors on physical health as well as the effects of suboptimal diet, lifestyle and physical illnesses on mental health. By taking into consideration diet, lifestyle, environmental and mental-emotional factors and treating the person as a whole, naturopaths and other holistic healthcare practitioners aim to address the underlying cause of disease not just to treat the symptoms.
Holistic medicine encourages an integrative approach (collaboration with other healthcare practitioners) to place the patient at the center of care.
Naturopathic treatment includes botanical medicine (herbs), clinical nutrition, acupuncture, lifestyle counselling and homeopathy and can be used as an alternative or complementary to conventional medicine.
Benefits of Alternative Therapy
There are a number of benefits related to alternative therapy:
- It puts you in control of your health. With various treatment plan options available, it is up to you to accept one that suits your requirements.
- The use of natural substances and techniques that prioritize the effect of stress and lifestyle choices on health.
- Working with a holistic health professional like a naturopath means your entire lifestyle is considered when making treatment recommendations. This includes good nutrition, exercise, rest, emotional stability, and more.
- Increasingly medical professionals are recognizing and recommending complementary therapies to treat issues like high blood pressure, chronic pain, and depression.
- Massage, acupuncture and chiropractic care can help deal with chronic pain without having to rely on painkillers or other drugs.
- Yoga therapy and meditation have been linked to a decrease in blood pressure as well as improved immunity in various cases, while herbs such as turmeric has been shown to treat chronic pain and some symptoms of Alzheimer’s.
What Conditions Can Alternative Therapy Help Treat?
Our naturopath and registered acupuncturist can help with the following conditions:
- Digestive issues
- Skin conditions
- Stress management
- Autoimmune conditions
- Sleep disorders
- Hormone and Reproductive Disorders
- Pain management
- Disease prevention and health management
- High Blood Pressure
- High Blood Cholesterol
- Musculoskeletal injuries and athletic therapy
Alternative Therapy at our Clinic in Burlington
At Pillars of Wellness, alternative therapies are administered by a number of our in-house health professionals. Our clinic offers various alternative medicine options including naturopathy, traditional Chinese medicine, yoga, and meditation that you can book by making an appointment.
Why Choose Pillars of Wellness?
At Pillars of Wellness, in Burlington, Ontario, we are proud to provide a truly integrated care approach that employs a variety of treatments to achieve faster recovery. Our clinic offers different services such as chiropractic, naturopathy, counselling, speech therapy, occupational therapy, yoga therapy, acupuncture, and holistic nutrition.
With multiple diverse services in one place, you don't have to look elsewhere. Pillars of Wellness is your one-stop-health solution, located right here in Burlington.